I recently presented a webinar for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing entitled “Medical Assistants: Scope of Practice, Education, and Credentialing.” This webinar was presented to the boards of nursing of the states and territories of the United States. The content of this webinar will be published in the Public Affairs department in future issues of CMA Today, but I would like to offer the file for download on Legal Eye.
The substance of this presentation is especially helpful for nurses who have limited knowledge about CMAs (AAMA). The information within touches on some of the following subjects:
- Defining medical assistants vs. nursing assistants and medication aides
- Legal principles surrounding medical assisting
- Education of medical assistants—coursework and accreditation
- State laws governing medical assisting in South Dakota and New Jersey
- Medical assisting credentials—trends
- NCCA accreditation
- Value of the CMA (AAMA) credential
- Medical assisting scope of practice
Please view and share this presentation. And, as always, contact me with any questions regarding the legal aspects of the profession.